'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone



Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Read Scotland 2017

Yes, we're doing it again! Folks on Goodreads really like this challenge so I guess we'll go again. It wasn't too big on the blog, but we did get a list of over 100 reviews for it this year, thanks mostly to Jack Deighton! So I think we'll mostly focus on Goodreads this year. If your not on Goodreads, what are you waiting for?! It's full of wonderful readers and book groups and it's free!

We're going to do a couple read-a-longs over at Goodreads this year.  If you do Goodreads you might want to stop over there and sign up with our group. It's easier to chit chat there :)

If you need suggestions for Scottish authors and books check out the Read Scotland review pages, tabs at the top of the blog for the last three years.

Peggy Ann


9 comments:

  1. I'm in, Peggy. My post is up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I must say that I read the Lewis trilogy by Peter May this year, and then, yearning for more Outer Hebrides' books, read Coffin Road. So, that's my Scotland reading for 2016 -- so far, am working on one more.
    But I wish he wrote more books set there as I miss it, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I picked up Coffin Road while in Scotland this summer and I'm saving it for after the first of the year! Absolutely, May needs to write more Hebridean books!

      Are you on Goodreads?

      Delete
  3. I just saw this, Peggy. I know, 10 days late. I am already signed up on Goodreads, of course, but I am planning a post soon to list books and / or authors I hope to read for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just joined! http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.com/2017/01/read-scotland-2017-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you want our review links posted here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan, I wasn't setting anything up here on the blog this year. Not much traffic last year other than one person. I was just doing it on Goodreads. I'll add 2017 to the review page at the top and you can link there if you want. Sorry

      Delete
  6. I did just re- join Goodreads so I could do it there. I'll go check.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...